I’ve lived in LA for 35 years now. I’m from No-Cal and it was not easy moving to LA, but I knew I had to move here to pursue my dreams! I was raised in No-Cal and we use to hate everything about So-Cal. The 11th commandment was Thou shall hate So-Cal. We had to hate ALL their teams and all the fake people. I have to say it was fun to make fun of So-Cal. Then I moved here and I actually learned to love it, but I still hate the fucking Dodgers & Lakers! Here’s 10 great moments that I’m beyond grateful for…
- Photo Impact – getting my first job at Photo Impact and meeting my best friend ever Jack. The owner Don really taught me a lot about LA and helped me navigate through the first couple years. I didn’t know a lot of people so it was a BIG help. I also met some amazing photographers and learned a lot.
- Terry Jacoby – meeting Terry and having her as my mentor for 25 years!!! Miss you much!
- Visages – got my first agent thanks to Herb Ritts. This agency gave me my start and opened a lot of doors for me.
- Concerts – too fucking many to list, but I’ve seen so many great shows and most of them from backstage or in the pit! Fucking good times!
- Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson – I shot their wedding for them way back in 1988. A big thrill and a great wedding. So cool to see them still going strong.
- LA Kings – Going to a Stanley Cup Finals game in 1993 when they lost to Montreal. The game sucked, but going to the first ever Cup finals game in LA was too cool.
- Meeting the Legends – I was lucky to meet and shoot some of my favorite actors ever… Jack Lemmon, Sydney Poitier, Walter Matthau,