I remember the music from High School more than High School. I used to ride my bike to Underground Records and buy as many albums as I could afford. I loved the record store!!! Here’s my 10 favorite albums I bought from 1972 to 1978…
- Earth, Wind & Fire | Gratitude – I bought the cassette first, but wore it out. Had to but the double LP and wear that out. SO good.
- Graham Central Station | Ain’t No’Bout-A-Doubt It – They also released Mirror a year later, but this LP stands out cuz every song was perfectly funky!
- Con Funk Shun | Secrets – SO many great LP’s from one of my fav bands! I just love every song on this one.
- The Brothers Johnson | Look Out for #1 – Their debut and best! Saw them live at Circle Star Theatre and they killed it.
- Rufus & Chaka Khan | Street Player – Everything they put out was EPIC. The LP after this one MasterJam was genius!!! Saw them live and they did not let me down.
- Parliament | Mothership Connection – The funkiest of funk! The best of the best. I saw the landing of the Mothership and it changed my life!
- Angela Bofill | Angie – She was one of my favs and this album is one of many great albums. Saw her live and she was an angel.
- Saturday Night Fever | Soundtrack – This movie and soundtrack changed everything. Disco!!!!
- Tower of Power | Back to Oakland – Too many great albums at this time. Seriously the best of the Bay Area by far!!!
- Heatwave | Too Hot to Handle – Their debut LP with so many hit songs! I saw them open up for the Commodores and they were AWESOME!
** This is just a few. There are SO many more.