With my Greatest Hits: Grunge exhibition coming up at Blender Gallery in Sydney, Australia it got me thinking a lot about these moments and photos. So for fun I thought I would make a list of my favorite Grunge moments. Here we go in no particular order…
- Nirvana & Mudhoney – Seeing them play at The Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver, BC on October 30th, 1991. Opening for them was Mudhoney! Probably the best show ever at that time!
- Pearl Jam – Directing my first music video for Jeremy. Changed my life in so many ways and opened lots of new doors. Thanks to the band and management.
- Chris Cornell – writing the song Jesus Christ Pose about my photo of Perry Farrell. Does NOT get better than that!
- Mudhoney – My first shoot with them was awesome. Just drank beer all day and shot pix.
- Sub Pop Records – meeting Bruce and Jonathon for the first time. They were my heroes at the time. Loved everything they did.
- Eddie Vedder – every show I shot or saw I was blown away by Eddie’s passion for his music and the fans. He gave it ALL and thank god I got some photos to prove it.
- Soundgarden – seeing them perform for the first time at The Whiskey in LA for Louder Than Love album. Blew my mind!!!
- Alice in Chains – first, meeting them was awesome. Second, shooting them was even better. BUT then it was seeing them live that really fucked with me!
- Bikini Kill – Beth took me to see them at the OK Hotel and they blew me away! Loved every bit of them! Just wish I got to shoot them.
- The Screaming Trees – getting to direct two music videos for them was a blast and to this day I love only one. I wish I could get a do over with Shadow of the Season. Dollar Bill is awesome!!!
Leave A Comment