Its been a while since I’ve been to Seattle, but there was a time I made trips regularly. Seattle is one of my favorite cities for many reasons, but back then the number one reason was the music. I was lucky to have good friends who always took care of me and showed me a good time. It was the best of times and the worst of times, but the coffee was always good so who cares. Here’s some of my favorite moments…
- First Shoot with Nirvana | March 30th, 1991 – I remember it like it was yesterday!
- Soundgarden at Rock Cndy | August 30th, 1991 – Surprise show for Badmotorfinger. Went with Eddie & Beth. Also the night I decided to direct my first video.
- First Shoot with Mudhoney | June 6th, 1991 – They were my favorite band at the time and getting too shoot them was a BIG thrill. We bought a case of beer and had some fun!
- Seeing Nirvana & Mudhoney at the Paramount | October 31st, 1991 – A great show, but the night before in Vancouver, Canada was better.
- Shooting Queensryche | March 29th, 1991 – Had a great dinner with Geoff Tate the night before. He was so nice and I loved the band. Ended up shooting a couple live shows for them because of this shoot.
- Hanging with Eddie Vedder | January 18th, 1992 – I was there doing a shoot for Entertainment Weekly and I asked Eddie to help me. I introduced him to Mudhoney and the rest is history.
- Shooting Soundgarden | August 29th, 1991 – It was for Creem Magazine and my 3rd shoot with the band. A very good day!
- Lollapalooza | August 28th, 1991 – The last show of the first tour. Went with Eddie and Beth. A great day of fun and music! Also Jane’s Addiction was awesome!!! A perfect show to end this epic tour.
- Shoot with Alice In Chains | September 28th, 1991 – For Rolling Stone magazine. My second shoot with the band & I think my best.
- Shoot with Pearl Jam | August 29th, 1991 – The publicity shoot for the album Ten. Shot at Discovery Park where they shot the Hunger Strike video for Temple of the Dog.
Leave A Comment