Do you own any LP’s? Any 45’s? Any vinyl? I use to have a serious collection back in the day. Like very serious. And then CD’s came along I spent a lot of money and time turning my vinyl into CD’s! I miss my collection and I miss listening to them. I had a great stereo to play them on. It was always cool to take an album out play it on my turntable. Here’s 10 of my favorites albums that I wore out.
- Earth, Wind & Fire | Gratitude – The best of the best! Can I hear you say Yeah?!?!?!?!
- The Beatles | Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band – Played it over and over. Never gets old.
- Frank Zappa | Tinseltown Rebellion – I was at the show it was recorded at.
- Graham Central Station | Ain’t No ‘Bout-A-Doubt It – Larry Graham is god.
- Return to Forever | Romantic Warrior – The greatest jazz fusion album of ALL time. I recommend you listen to it from beginning to end.
- Santana | Moonflower – I love everything about this album. Carlos and his band at their best. Baila mi hermana!
- ABC | Lexicon of Love – To me this is the perfect album of the 80’s in every way.
- Tower of Power | Tower of Power – Fucking brilliant! Their first album with Lenny Williams. He is the voice of ToP and always will be.
- Genesis | Three Sides Live – Another great live performance album. I prefer the UK version with four sides live.
- Rufus & Chaka Khan | Stompin’ at the Savoy – The end of one of my favorite bands of all time. Great performances all around.
*** I think I have another 100 more. I might have to do more of these lists. NOT easy to come up with just 10. Ugh.