SO many moments in my life that I will always be grateful for. So many crazy moments that I did not have a camera to record. My moments with Soundgarden are truly special. I loved the band and every moment I got to hang or shoot. Chris, Matt, Ben and Kim always treated me with respect and yes, we did laugh a lot. Here’s 10 big ones…
- Spin Magazine Shoot | 08.24.89 – My first shoot was a great shoot. Jason Everman was the bass player at the time. We shot at a studio in LA. I just remember who shy they were. They had their first album for A&M Records coming out… Louder Than Love.
- The Whiskey Show | 12.7&10.89 – My first time seeing them live was at The Whiskey in 1989. The two shows they filmed for Louder Than Live video. No bullshit… they blew me away!!! Chris was a god!
- Creem Magazine Shoot | 08.29.91 – My second shoot was for Creem Magazine as we did it in Seattle. I shot Pearl Jam before on the same day. A good day for sure.
- Rckandy Show | 08.30.91 – They did this show before Badmotorfinger came out. I went with Eddie Vedder and Beth Libeling. My first time bouncing around a mosh pit. Didn’t bring a camera… kill me NOW!
- JCP Video Shoot | 09.08.91 – Shot out in the desert! I had not slept for days and drove out there alone to meet the band & production. A great day, but I was exhausted. I couldn’t drive home at the end of the day so Chris & his wife Susan drove me back to LA while I slept in the back.
- Reflex Shoot | 09.29.91 – Back up in Seattle. We just hung out and shot pix. SO fucking casual and fun.
- RIP Magazine Party | 10.06.91 – At The Paladium in LA. Featured Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog and Spinal Tap. Yes, I said Spinal Tap.
- Venture Theatre | 01.29.92 – The only time I shot the band live and my favorite theatre. A great show in every way and I got the photos to prove it.
- Lolapalooza | 09.11.92 – I went to the show just to hang out with friends and see them play. I ended up on the side of the stage and shot a roll or two while Soundgarden performed.
- RIP Magazine Shoot | 12.06.93 – By this time Chris had cut his hair short. Did not like it! I hadn’t seen them in a while and it was great to catch up. We did the shoot at A&M Records sound stage in LA. Block from where I lived.
Leave A Comment