I get all sorts of people wanting to start a career in photography and asking me for advice. Now that I’ve been around awhile and have seen it all, I do have lots of advice to give. Where do I begin? I’m gonna do a list of the top 10 things to know…
- You gotta love it and live it: There is NOT a lot of money to be made in this business. You gotta really love photography to survive. Passion is everything!
- Business first: Don’t forget that business is the most important part!
- Follow your heart: Never give up and always do what you love!
- Be nice ALWAYS: Be nice to everyone… Your clients, you talent and most of all to your crew!
- Keep it simple when it comes to your art: Don’t try too hard!
- Look at Learn: Look at photos, Television, movies and anything to fill your head with images. Go through the internet and find images that you like. Look at everything!!!
- Find a mentor/teacher: If you can, find someone to help you learn about business, photography and life. A good thing!
- Shoot Shoot Shoot: Shooting is like sex, the more you do it… The better you get! Give yourself assignments!!!
- Always know that you can be better: Never stop growing and challenging yourself. Never stop wanting to be better! Do no settle for good.
- Have fun always: I’m serious about having fun. I started this madness cuz it was fun and I still do it cuz its fun! Never stop having fun!!!!
Leave A Comment